- 13th & 14th March 2017
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur
Serving on a successful Board is good for a director’s career and reputation, creating value at both a company and personal level. It is also a critically important activity in the business, and wider society. Many companies are successful, and the Board and directors play an integral part in the organisation’s achievements.
The role of Boards, and the directors who sit on them, has never been in sharper focus however. Across the world, stories appear in the media on a daily basis about how companies have failed, and the value destruction which they have left in their wake. We hear about directors getting into difficulty, making the headlines for the wrong reasons.
The workshop explores the importance of the role boards play in a system of best-practice governance, and how an effective board – displaying appropriate behaviors – can maximise its decision-making capabilities and the organisation’s overall effectiveness.
The program will empower participants to:
• Maximise directors’ effectiveness & the effectiveness of their boards
• Enhance Board composition, processes and relationships
• Explore best practices of boardroom behaviour
• Expanding decision making capabilities
• Improving organisations’ overall effectiveness